1/3 bar Fels Naptha soap bar
1/2 cup washing soda
1/2 cup Borax powder
– Grate the soap and put it in a sauce pan. Add 6 cups water and heat it until the soap melts.
– Add the washing soda and the borax and stir until it is dissolved. Remove from heat.
– Pour 4 cups hot water into the bucket. Now add your soap mixture and stir.
– Add 1/2 gallon water, plus 4-5 cups of water (or fill gallon jugs) and stir. Let the soap sit for about 24 hours and it will gel. You use 1/2 cup per load.
– Soap will be lumpy, goopy & gel-like. This is normal. Just give it a good stir before using. Make sure soap is covered with a lid when not in use. You could also pour the homemade soap in old (and cleaned) laundry detergent bottles or gallon jugs and shake well before each use.
– Yields: 64 loads